Everyone knows that besides choosing what destinations your group is travelling to, where and what to eat is just as important.
After deciding where you are going, visit that city’s Convention and Visitors Bureau for a listing of what restaurants are group friendly. They are a great resource and will have lots of suggestions and ideas of what to do and where to eat in their city.
Deciding on where you will dine, is just the beginning. The National Tourism Association suggests calling the restaurant’s manager and asking some of the following questions:
- How much advance notice do you need for our group?
- Is convenient tour bus loading/unloading available onsite?
- Do you have room to park a charter bus?
- Do you have special meal options specifically for large tour groups?
- How will we be seated? Is there a banquet room on site?
- Do you offer group discounts?
- Do chaperones receive a free meal?
- Do you require an advance deposit? If so, how much?
- Is the deposit refundable?
- What is your cancellation and refund policy?
With the answers to these questions, it will be easy to plan your group’s meal! Now all you need to do is sit down, relax and enjoy the meal!